How do I get my Victims' Rights?
How do I get my Victims' Rights?

Victim Reparations

Arkansas Crime Victims Reparations are funds available to help defray the cost due to crime victimization. Reparations and restitution are not the same.

An innocent victim of a violent crime (including DWI) may qualify for financial help from the Crime Victims Reparations Board. This money may help pay for medical expenses, or other costs related to personal injuries that were caused by a violent crime.

  1. The crime was reported to law enforcement within 72 hours
  2. An application for assistance is received within one year of the date of the crime
  3. The victim cooperates with the investigation
  4. The victim did not contribute to the crime

The Arkansas Crime Victims Reparations Program, administered by the Department of Public Safety on behalf of the Crime Victims Reparations Board, provides financial compensation to victims who have suffered personal injury or death as the result of violent crime.

Restitution: If a victim wishes to seek Restitution, the victim/ victim family representative must discuss the request with the Prosecuting Attorney handling the case. Prosecuting Attorney Offices will be able to explain the steps to the restitution request.

Civil Suits: Victims have the option to sue the defendant in a civil case.